Transportation – Railroads
Map of the Sacramento Northern Railroads
In March, 1913, a rail line from Oakland to Sacramento was completed. Moraga was one of the stops on the line which became the Sacramento Northern Railroad. There were two stations in Moraga. One directly in front of the Barn which included two spurs for a warehouse, packing sheds, maintenance facilities and a boarding house with rooms for the railroad workers. The second station was located on what is now the south side of St. Mary’s Road, immediately in front of the college. Passenger service ended in 1941. The last freight train rolled through Moraga in 1957.