Rancho Laguna de los Palos Colorados
Rancho Laguna de Los Palos Colorados was a 13,316-acre (53.89 km2) Mexican land grant within present-day Contra Costa County, California. It was given in 1841 by Mexican Governor Juan Alvarado to Joaquín Moraga and his cousin, Juan Bernal. The name means “Ranch of the Lake of the Redwoods” in Spanish.
The plaque was installed on the third baseline of the baseball field at Campolindo High School on March 25th, 1984 to mark the site, but is no longer at that location.