Historic Landmarks

Hacienda de las Flores


hacienda1   :   haciendaplacards The main patio of the Hacienda de las Flores was installed in 1985. The first story of the present building was built by Alberta Higgins and Gertrude Mallette. Donald Rheem purchased and enlarged the building in 1934. In 1977, the Town of Moraga acquired the present site and it is now the headquarters of the Moraga Parks & Recreation Association. 
Moraga Barn


 Moraga Bar with small  :  moraga-barnplacards The plaque reads: "Built in 1914 as a hotel by the Moraga Company. It later became the Moraga Mercantile and included the telephone exchange and post office. Since 1933 it has been a bar." It is now the home of Canyon Construction Company.
Willow Spring School


 school1  :  willowspringsschool1916 Willow Spring School, located on School Street, was dedicated on October 10, 1992. The plaque states that is was "Built on land donated by the Willow Spring District in 1916. The building served as a school for the Moraga Valley from 1917 to 1958" and is now the home of the Willow Springs Church.


Old Moraga Town Site



postofficeplacards  Placed at the School Street Post Office on October 3, 1970. The building is now vacant.


Rancho Laguna de los Palos Colorados


rancholaguna1835 Rancho Laguna de los Palos Colorados was established and named for Joaquin Moraga. The plaque was installed on the third baseline of the baseball field at Campolindo High School on March 25th, 1984 to mark the site.